Reinhard Straub earned his Masters in Social Work at Adelphi University and has worked in the addiction and mental health fields for 22 years. Reinhard has directed substance abuse programs in NY, CT, and RI and was the interventionist and Sr. Case Manager for The Physician Health Program for New York State, The Committee for Physician Health.
He is always available on his cell phone so do not hesitate to contact him immediately if you are in need of services at: (401) 741-5109
Reinhard began his art career in the 80’s while living in New York City. His interest was re-awakened following a near fatal airplane crash. Visit his art website at www.ReinhardStraub.net
Read the article Driven to Abstraction about Reinhard Straub’s life and career
Reinhard W. Straub, LICSW, LCDCS
(401) 741-5109 email@example.com
1992 – 1994 Adelphi University – Masters Degree, Social Work
1990 – 1992 Empire State College, State University of New York – B.S., Human Services
1968 – 1970 Syracuse University – Major: English/Creative Writing
RI LICSW #ISW01730 & RI Licensed Chemical Dependency Clinical Supervisor (LCDCS) #00059
CT LCSW #006234 & CT Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) #000743
Mass LICSW #116196 (New York State LCSW-R & CASAC Inactive)
2010 to present Clinical Services of Rhode Island, Inc., Greenville, RI
Clinical Director, CEO
Provide clinical supervision, leadership and administrative oversight in conjunction with President & Medical Director, George Southiere, MD. Services provided include medical and clinical assessment, ambulatory detoxification, Suboxone, addiction medicine, intensive outpatient, group and individual, and urine monitoring.
1995 to present Private Practice
Provide intervention/consultation services and therapy for children, adolescents, adults, and families with Psychiatric Disorders, Substance Use Disorders, and Dual Diagnoses. Referral to all levels of care nationwide. Case management services provided re: schools, legal systems, licensing boards, regulatory agencies, employers, employee assistance programs, etc.
2006 to 2007 Stonington Institute Waterford, CT
Director, Intensive Outpatient Program
2005 to 2006 Family Services of Rhode Island, Providence
Director, Outpatient Program
1995 – 2005 Empire State College, State University of New York, Adjunct Faculty
Designed and instructed courses entitled “Counseling Theory”, “Adolescent Development & Substance Abuse”, “Children of Alcoholics”, “Death and Dying: A Sociological Study”, “Group Dynamics”, “Perspectives on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse”, “Professional and Ethical Responsibilities of the Alcoholism Counselor”, “Social Welfare Policy”, and “America’s War on Drugs”.
1995 – 2003 The Medical Society of the State of New York, Cmte. For Physician Health (CPH)
Senior Clinical Coordinator, (1995-03); Admissions Director, (1997-00).
- Conducted hundreds of crisis interventions with impaired physicians.
- Coordinated intervention efforts with hospitals, physician groups, attorneys, etc.
- Developed and executed successful marketing strategies.
- Created referent and provider databases that broadly advanced networking efforts.
- Evaluated regional & national treatment centers providing them with guidelines and training.
- Delivered formal presentations to metropolitan & upstate hospitals, medical institutions, etc.
- Testified and advocated on behalf of physicians successfully participating in the CPH program.
1990 – 1995 Clinical Services and Consultation, Inc. – Latham, NY
Clinical Administrator, (1994-1995); Intake Counselor/Therapist, (1993-1994); Substance Abuse Coordinator/Counselor, (1990-1993)
- Created a senior mgt. position that integrated administrative and clinical operations at three clinical sites.
- Designed & administrated a case management system that effectively dealt with managed care.
- Created, developed, and administrated the Adolescent Treatment Program.
- Co-Created, developed, and facilitated the Family Program.
- Created and facilitated the Substance Abuse Group.
- Created and facilitated the Parenting Group.
- Designed and established the Children’s Playroom for assessment & play therapy.
- Evaluated all new patients, assigned to primary therapists, and formulated initial treatment planning.
- Provided individual and team supervision and provided staff and inter-agency training and in-services.
- Coordinated efforts with consulting psychiatrists re psychopharmacological and clinical interventions.
- Conducted inpatient and residential treatment referrals.
- Provided individual, group, and family psychotherapy for children, adolescents, and adults.
1989 – 1990 Conifer Park – Scotia, NY
Alcoholism/Substance Abuse Counselor
- Presented regularly scheduled lectures to a patient population of 200.
- Coordinated the Evening Crisis Intervention Team.
- Monitored therapy and patient compliance.
- Coordinated treatment efforts with clinical and medical teams.
- Acquired considerable experience with detoxification protocol and acute psychiatric crisis.
1966 – present Professional Musician
Electric violinist/composer/producer. Performed and/or recorded with many notable artists including Aerosmith, Mitch Mitchell of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Peter Tork of The Monkees, Paul Butterfield, Doctor John, Bob Ezrin (producer of Pink Floyd, Kiss, etc.), John Lee (bassist/producer – Dizzy Gillespie, Gil Evans, Larry Coryell, McCoy Tyner, etc.), Michael Bruce of the Alice Cooper Band, Joe English of Paul McCartney’s Wings, Ray Gomez (guitarist – Stanley Clark, Aretha Franklin, etc.), Johnny Thunder of the New York Dolls, L. Shankar, etc.
1984 – Present Professional Artist and Gallery Owner
Green Gallery Est. 2009 24 Carolina Main Street Carolina, RI 02812 www.reinhardstraub.net